Nisargopachar Kendra at Vinoba Ashram, Gotri, Vadodara
Utilizing natural healing powers of the body and mind
| | | | | | | | |
EDUCATION AND AWARENESS
Naturopathy and Yoga Awareness Course
Nisargopachar Kendra is a recognized Centre for a certificate course run by the Gandhi National Academy of Naturopathy, New Delhi. This is an orientation course on naturopathy and yoga. Various faculty members including faculty from medical colleges and experts on basic life sciences like Anatomy and Physiology, Dietetics, Naturopathy, Yoga, stress management and a healthy life style deliver informative lectures. More than one hundred students take part in this course every year.
Awareness & Educative Programs
Nisargopachar Kendra organizes various awareness and educative programs to promote the cause of naturopathy and a healthy life style in the society. A few of the programs organized in the last few years include:
· A public lecture by Dr. Manubhai Kothari, Professor Emeritus, Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai was organized by Nisargopachar Kendra on 9th Sept, 2012. He delivered a lecture on the subject “Arogya kshetre halanu sanshodhan ketalu kalyanakari?”
· A one day workshop on Diabetes was organized at Nisargopachar Kendra on 19th, Feburary, 2012. Delegates were informed about the patho-physiology of Diabetes, causes and symptoms of diabetes and measures to manage diabetes including change in diet, use of medicinal plants and role of exercise, yoga and stress managment. The sessions also included Group discussion and experiences of successfully controlled patients.
The experts at the workshop included Dr.Nayna Shah (Physician-Councellor, Nisargopachar Kendra), Dr.Ashokbhai Gohil ( Community Health Physician, Niramay Clinic, Kevadiya), Dr. Bharat Shah (Director,Nisargopachar Kendra,Gotri,Vadodara), Dr.Minubhai Parabia (Retired Professor, South Gujurat Uni, Surat), Dr.Kiranbhai Shinglot (Medical officer, University Health Center, M.S.University, Vadodara)
· Training on Basic Courses on Pranic healing were conducted on 1-2 Sept and 26-27 May, 2012 by Mr Debashish Kanjilal of “Varanasi Yoga Vidhya Pranic Healing Association” in affiliation with Pranic Healing Foundation, Utter Pradesh. An Advance Course on Pranic healing was conducted on 29-30 Aug, 2012 .
· A Training workshop on “Use of Ear Acupuncture for Addiction Treatment and General Well-being” was conducted by Dr. Michael Smith (NADA, USA), in collaboration with NADA India foundation during 21st & 22nd January, 2012
· An educational workshop for Backache was organized at Nisargopachar Kendra on 4th December,2011. Delegates were informed about the anatomy and function of the spine, causes and symptoms of Back pain, measures to avoid precipitating factors, importance of naturopathic diet and treatments for backache, demonstration of Yogasana, Physiotherapy and other stress management techniques.
The experts at the workshop included Dr. Ramesh Panchal, Ex. Associate Professor,Dept.of Orthopaedics, Medical College,Vadodara; Dr. Bharat shah,Director,Nisargopachar Kendra; Dr. Nilima Patel, Senior lecturer, College of Physiotherapy, M.S.University, Vadodara and Dr.Nayna shah,Physician-Councellor, Nisargopachar Kendra.
· A three day long residential treatment and education camp for the patients of Arthritis was organized. Various experts such as Naturopaths, Orthopedic surgeon Physiotherapist, Ayurvedic physician and Yoga specialist were invited. The patients were informed about basic details about the disease process and various treatment options through an integrated approach. They were also treated by nature cure diet and treatments during the camp.
· A similar three day long residential treatment and education camp for the patients of Bronchial Asthma, who interacted with various experts such as Naturopaths, Physician, Dietician, Physiotherapist, Ayurvedic physician and Yoga specialist.
· A one day educational camp on Diabetes wherein the expert panel of Naturopaths, Physicians, Dietician, Yoga specialist and an expert on medicinal plants discussed the disease process, role of diet and various treatment options on diabetes.
· A half day seminar on the awareness of the Vipassana meditation technique.
· A one day workshop on different techniques and benefits of Meditation.
· A one day workshop on Self Hypnosis.
The Centre also organizes various awareness programs on a healthy life style, naturopathy and yoga with various groups like students of medical colleges of various systems of medicine, professional groups and various groups like senior citizens’ clubs, women’s groups etc. The technical team at the Centre is also invited for guest lectures at various conferences and gatherings of different groups.